Thinking of healthy and tasty breakfast ideas is about as fun as sitting in traffic. So we went in search of the best go-to healthy breaky recipe we could find.
These little fritters can be kept in the fridge for a couple of days as well (just reheat using the stove or microwave), and they give you a good hit protein hit too!
Easy Peasy Breakfast Fritters
2 cups grated zucchini
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup corn kernels
2 tbsp pesto (we used Roza’s Gourmet Traditional Pesto)
1 tsp crushed garlic
1/4 cup ricotta or cream cheese
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup plain flour (or substitute for gluten free flour)
Oil for frying
1. In a bowl, sprinkle the salt on the zucchini, mix through and set aside for half an hour.
2. Then rinse salt from zucchini, squeeze excess liquid out and discard.
3. Mix zucchini with the rest of the ingredients and set aside.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan and dollop spoons of fritter batter into the pan, cook in batches for 2 – 3 minutes either side, taking care not to burn.
5. Once cooked, drain on kitchen paper. Plate up and serve with a dollop of pesto, some parsley to garnish.
Want more stories like this one? Check out our NOURISH section. While you’re here, why not sign up to our newsletter and be the first to receive wellness discounts, access to exclusive workouts, competitions and a whole lot of wellbeing tips to live a life of balance (hello, shiraz), sweat and (happy) tears.