For an easy mid-week meal, that’ll make some leftovers for lunch, try this poached salmon recipe. It’s pretty fool-proof, and only takes around 45 minutes.
Poached Salmon with Shiitake Mushroom and Coriander Salad
500ml vegetable stock (we used Chang’s Chinese Master Stock)
500ml cold water
4 x 180g Atlantic salmon fillets, skin on
8 spring onions, sliced into 3cm lengths
100g shiitake mushrooms
1 cup bean sprouts
1 small red chilli, finely sliced
1 cup loosely packed coriander leaves
1/4 cup salad dressing
1. Combine stock and water in a medium saucepan, bring to the boil over high heat.
2. Add salmon fillets, spring onions and mushrooms, cover and bring back to the boil.
3. Turn off the heat and let the salmon and vegetables sit in the stock for six minutes or until salmon fillets are cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, combine bean sprouts, chilli, coriander and dressing in a small bowl to create a salad.
5. Divide salmon, spring onions and mushrooms between four shallow serving bowls or plates, ladle over a little of the hot stock and serve with the salad.
Want more stories like this one? Check out our NOURISH section. While you’re here, why not sign up to our newsletter and be the first to receive wellness discounts, access to exclusive workouts, competitions and a whole lot of wellbeing tips to live a life of balance (hello, shiraz), sweat and (happy) tears.