We love a good tasty pre-workout snack and these apple energy balls fit the bill perfectly! The Aussie apples recipe is from healthy cooking expert Leah Itsines (who’s first book has just hit stores) and they are easy to make… and even easier to eat.
Why not make up a batch on Sunday to last you through the whole week? All you need five minute’s prep time and 30 minutes in the fridge! It’s that easy, folks.
TASTY APPLE ENERGY BALLS
Makes 12-14 balls (depending on size)
1.5 cups of walnuts
1 tablespoon vanilla essence
1/4 cup almond meal
1 cup dried apricots
1 apple, cored
1.5 cups of desiccated coconut
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1. Place walnuts, apple, vanilla essence, water, almond meal, half of the coconut and dried apricots into a food processor.
2. Blend this mixture for 2-3 minutes or until it has come together.
3. Take a small about of this mixture into the palm of your hand and roll into a small ball.
4. Repeat until all the mixture is gone and roll each ball in the remaining desiccated coconut.
6. Leave in the fridge for 30 minutes before eating. These can last up to a week in the fridge (if they last that long in your house….!)
Find out more about healthy snacks and healthy eating in our RECIPES section and while you’re here, why not subscribe to our regular newsletter? We won’t send out too many, we promise. It’s full of free classes, gym discounts, workouts, road tests and a round up of everything fitness in Sydney!