Ditch dinner and a movie! Instead, we asked URBANSWEAT writer Laura Baehny for her favourite ideas for fitness dates in and around Sydney. Get sweaty, have fun and see where the day takes you…
1. Nothing gets you closer to that special person, than being scared… so why not sign up for the world’s fastest Zip-Line? We’re talking 360-degree loops and speed of up to 50 kilometres, so strap on and see where it takes you both!
2. Pack a picnic and spend the day enjoying the stunning views on the Spit to Manly coastal trek. It takes a while, but then you can down a cold smoothie when you get there.
3. Take a sunrise Kayak and coffee tour around Sydney Harbour and start the day with a date instead!
4. Go hiking or if you’re really keen pick a secluded camping spot in the Royal National Park.
5. Practise your downward dogs together at Yoga from the Sky – Salute the Sun, 258 metres above the city with 360 views from Sydney Tower.
6. Fulfil your childhood dreams of joining the circus. Sydney Trapeze School host flying trapeze classes in Alexandria
7. Love water? Love yoga? Join the stand-up paddleboard (SUP) yoga classes in Manly and watch each other fall into the harbour.
8. See who has the best balance at Aquaphysical, a high-intensity cardio workout in the water.
9. Join the Sydney Trail Series in Manly. A 20-km scenic course that gives you time to really know each other. Finish off with a dip in the dam.
10. Check out Sydney’s newest coastal path – it’s quieter than Bondi to Coogee and so so pretty.
11. Workout for free with a furry friend at a local dog shelter and be part of the Rescue Your Fitness community. See if your partner really is a ‘dog person’.
12. Jump around in 80’s gear and workout to original 80s tracks at Hiscoes gym in Surry Hills for a different kind of workout .
13. Get vertical together and build your trust at 9 Degree bouldering gym in Alexandria. Find out how adventurous you are.
14. Explore Sydney together on two wheels with a Boomerang Bike, which you can get from multiple locations across Sydney.
15. Sign up for Barry’s Bootcamp as a couple and check out 5 reasons why you will love it. Hands down, it will keep your heart rate up.
Want more stories like this one? Check out our FLOW section. While you’re here, why not sign up to our newsletter and be the first to receive wellness discounts, access to exclusive workouts, competitions and a whole lot of wellbeing tips to live a life of balance (hello, shiraz), sweat and (happy) tears.